Skip to main content

Shot List - Plan

 Video Introduction

Man sitting on sofa flicking through stalker type movies on the TV. TV footage will be VHS style, as music starts real life turns into a VHS movie. (First 20 seconds of song)
  1. Mid/Long Shot - Behind Shoulder - Man Relaxing On Sofa Watching TV Flicking through channel - Cut between this Shot and Close Up of TV Playing Footage. 
  2. Close Up - Ultra Key TV to put Movie on it - Just TV Face on is in footage
  3. Close Up - Eyes Reacting to show - Put very faint image of the tv reflection in the eyes, as he blinks life turns into VHS style movie. 
Verse 1
  1. Close up of girls face - Very Red Cheeks - She is Smiling (Have you got colour in your cheeks)
  2. Close up of guys eyes - Reflection in his eyes is of video of girl (Do you ever get that fear that you cant shift the type"
  3. Close Up of girls face - She picks something out her teeth (That sticks around like summat in your teeth)
  4. Close up - mans hands holding images of the girl (Are there some aces up your sleeve)
  5. Long Shot - Man lying on sofa (Have you no idea that you're in deep)
  6. Mid Shot - White Background - Female in dreamlike setting (I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week)
  7. Close up - Man face - Man opens eye abruptly (How many secrets can you keep)
  8. Mid Shot - Man pouring shot (Cause there's this tune I found)
  9. Close up - Shot hitting table (That makes me think of you)
  10. Close up - Man on sofa holding images of girl- zoom on eyes - place repeat Spotify button in eyes (and I play it on repeat)
  11. Mid Shot - Pan down - Start from mans face - End at bottom of sofa man has drink in hand (Until I fall asleep spilling drinks on my settee
Pre Chorus

Here use homestyle video footage of girl out with guy in which she acts flirty but ultimately doesn't seem too interested in the male, add in some shot of male look at footage and video from the event and reacting. 

Chorus 
  1. Close Up - Low Angle - Hands Crawling towards Camera (Crawling back to you)
  2. Close up - Phone Screen shows Ladies Number with hand hovering over call button (Ever thought of calling)
  3. Split Screen - Jump Cut - Alcohol Appearing - Seamless Splits (When You had a few)
  4. Close up - Man putting phone away (Cause I always do)
  5. Close up - Zoom into eye in blackness (Maybe I'm too busy)
  6. Mid shot - Man holding girl in his arms (Being yours)
  7. Close up - Eye blinks (To fall for somebody new)
  8. Mid shot - Pour Shot (Now, I thought it through)
  9. Close up - Empty Shot Glass hits table (Crawling back to you)
 Verse 2
  1. Mid Shot - Just torso is visible - Male pulls female in - pan down (So have you got the guts)
  2. Close up - hands on waist (Filler)
  3. Close up - Female pushing away from male - Push on chest (Been wondering if you heart's still open)
  4. Mid shot - Woman walking away - Low angle (And if so, I wanna know what time it shuts)
  5. Close up - Phone screen playing earlier shot - Man puts shot glass down on table -(Simmer down)
  6. Close Up - Phone screen plays video of female with puckered lips (Pucker up)
  7. Close Up - Mans Eyes - Iris Growing (I'm sorry to interrupt)
  8. Close Up - Shot glass hitting table (It's just I'm constantly on the cusp)
  9. Close up - Girl Blowing Kiss - Slow motion (Of trying to kiss you)
  10. Mid Shot - Man watching video of female blowing kiss on phone (I don't know if you)
  11. Close up - Mans eyes focused on image - Maybe edit heart in eyes - Zoom into iris into blackness (Feel the same way I do) 
  12. Close up - Hands holding (But we could be together)
  13. Close up - Hands separating - Slow motion maybe
Repeat Pre-Chorus and Chorus Footage

End
  1. Mid Shot / Close Up - Pan Shot - Pan across man asleep on sofa with liquor bottle in limp hand, TV plays in background.
  2. Close Up - TV channel - TV stops playing footage and shuts off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scheduling

 Gannt Chart  I have created a Gannt chart in order to plan out my the production/planning/editing/evaluating of the production. I have made sure to space everything out and give myself realistic timescales to finish each and every task. The tasks have been split into different sections in order to keep it organised and to show a better visual representation of which tasks should be started first. The first section is planning, I have put this first as you must plan a video before you can produce it, the planning section contains all the tasks which I believe relate to planning for example, analysing music videos, researching music videos theories, analysing the song I want to produce and create all relevant documents such as storyboards. The next section is productions, the sections contains all actions I must take in relation to shooting the video for example, finding equipment, actors and props needed, shooting the video, watching footage back and shooting more footage if necessary.

Editing My Music Video Together

 Throughout the editing process of the music video I have kept a log detailing the different editing techniques I have implemented throughout the music video. This log references what I have done and where, why I have used the specific editing technique, what issues I found whilst editing the footage together and finally how I believed I could have improved upon.  Jump Cut When the lyrics "when you've had a few" plays a jump cut is used in which bottles appear to help illustrate the lyrics for the audience whilst adding some comedic effect by amplifying the idea of drinking by exaggerating how much alcohol the character has drank. I believe the jump cut works well here and links to Vernallis' theory on music videos in which she suggests conventionally jump cuts are used in videos as a short way of transferring information to the audience in a fashion which is both engaging and clear.  Cutting With The Lyrics Throughout the video I have made sure the frames in the vide

Evidence for Editing Unit

 Logging Footage Efficiently  Evidence from Film Production Unit Evidence from Contextual Studies Unit Evidence from Music Video Unit Labelling Clips, Bin, Footage and Audio Material  Evidence of Labelling in Music Video Unit Evidence of Labelling in Contextual Studies Unit Evidence of Edited Productions Music Video Production Film Studies Production Contextual Studies 4 Hour Film Challenge 4 Hour Film Challenge Examples of Cinematic Techniques There are other examples of evidence of myself using editing within my videos however, I believe these are the main examples the rest are just used to demonstrate practical skills (Camera settings, lighting setups, different lens effects etc.)   Justifying Editing Choices and Critiquing Editing and Evaluating Evidence from Music Video Unit Evidence from 4 Hour Film Challenge - Obsession Evidence from Contextual Studies