Skip to main content

Scheduling

 Gannt Chart 

I have created a Gannt chart in order to plan out my the production/planning/editing/evaluating of the production. I have made sure to space everything out and give myself realistic timescales to finish each and every task. The tasks have been split into different sections in order to keep it organised and to show a better visual representation of which tasks should be started first. The first section is planning, I have put this first as you must plan a video before you can produce it, the planning section contains all the tasks which I believe relate to planning for example, analysing music videos, researching music videos theories, analysing the song I want to produce and create all relevant documents such as storyboards. The next section is productions, the sections contains all actions I must take in relation to shooting the video for example, finding equipment, actors and props needed, shooting the video, watching footage back and shooting more footage if necessary. The next section is related to editing and it encompasses tasks such as editing draft music video, final music video and writing posts about the editing process and decisions made. Finally the last section is evaluation, this section encompasses evaluating the planning aspect, organisation and final product. All the sections have been colour code in order to make the section easily distinguishable. I believe this Gannt chart has been very helpful at keeping me organised however, I have missed off a couple tasks related to planning such as creating a pitch, creating a questionnaire, and creating a focus group, I have completed all of these tasks either way however, it would be helpful if they was on my Gannt chart as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluation

 Planning I believe the planning aspect of my production is very strong, before producing anything I first researched and analysed 3 different music videos whilst linking them back to both the theorist Andrew Goodwin and Carol Vernallis. I analysed all music videos to the best of my abilities by analysing the meaning behind the lyrics, how they link the lyrics to the video, how they have used editing in the videos, how they linked to their genres and how the video represents the artists brand image. As well as this to make the planning aspect of my video meticulous I have analyses the lyrics of my own song and wrote next to it what shots I could use in each situation to either illustrate, amplify or juxtapose the lyrics of the song. I have also analysed the codes and conventions of music videos within the indie/rock genre in order to find out what mise-en-scene of indie/rock videos is as well as shot types most commonly used. Once I had analysed all media texts thoroughly, I created a

Editing My Music Video Together

 Throughout the editing process of the music video I have kept a log detailing the different editing techniques I have implemented throughout the music video. This log references what I have done and where, why I have used the specific editing technique, what issues I found whilst editing the footage together and finally how I believed I could have improved upon.  Jump Cut When the lyrics "when you've had a few" plays a jump cut is used in which bottles appear to help illustrate the lyrics for the audience whilst adding some comedic effect by amplifying the idea of drinking by exaggerating how much alcohol the character has drank. I believe the jump cut works well here and links to Vernallis' theory on music videos in which she suggests conventionally jump cuts are used in videos as a short way of transferring information to the audience in a fashion which is both engaging and clear.  Cutting With The Lyrics Throughout the video I have made sure the frames in the vide