Skip to main content

Production Schedule

 I have created a production schedule in the form of a Gantt chart, I have used this format as it gives me a visual representation of the timeframe I need to be working with. I have also added a progress tracking feature which I will update every Monday which will show you how much progress I have made with completing each individual task. Currently, I have placed my target dates to start and finish each item on the schedule however, I will amend the schedule to show what I have actually been able to produce in the timeframe set.

Gantt Chart No.1


Gantt Chart No.2 

We made some progress this week. We are behind schedule in some aspects however we have time to catch up. We have made great progress in the communication aspect with both the client and the target audience. We seem to be fairly on schedule with the planning aspect of the brief. 


Gantt Chart No.3 

Currently, I have completed 3 tasks, I am in the process of completing another 7 tasks which have been started. There are two tasks which I have not began which I should have however, I am confident I can complete them later rather than trying to juggle too many tasks and producing less thorough and good quality work.

Production Schedule No.4


I have found it slightly difficult to stick to the production schedule, I have pilled too many tasks on to do at the same time making it difficult to manage. I believe it is best if I set some task back as I have barely any tasks to complete within the last week and too many to complete now. I am still confident I can get all the work complete on time however, I believe I wasn't being realistic enough with the timescales set for some of the tasks at hand; many aspects of the production are intertwined therefore you may have to go back through and add more to different sections depending on the decisions you make during the planning process.

Production Schedule No.5

Since last updating my production schedule last week I have made a lot of progress. I believe that overall when creating my Gantt chart I should of been more realistic with my time scales, I didn't give myself enough time to complete some of my task as there was so many stacked together. I now have near enough all tasks complete for the planning of the production. Everything should be finished on time to discuss the final plans with the client.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scheduling

 Gannt Chart  I have created a Gannt chart in order to plan out my the production/planning/editing/evaluating of the production. I have made sure to space everything out and give myself realistic timescales to finish each and every task. The tasks have been split into different sections in order to keep it organised and to show a better visual representation of which tasks should be started first. The first section is planning, I have put this first as you must plan a video before you can produce it, the planning section contains all the tasks which I believe relate to planning for example, analysing music videos, researching music videos theories, analysing the song I want to produce and create all relevant documents such as storyboards. The next section is productions, the sections contains all actions I must take in relation to shooting the video for example, finding equipment, actors and props needed, shooting the video, watching footage back and shooting more footage if necessary.

Editing My Music Video Together

 Throughout the editing process of the music video I have kept a log detailing the different editing techniques I have implemented throughout the music video. This log references what I have done and where, why I have used the specific editing technique, what issues I found whilst editing the footage together and finally how I believed I could have improved upon.  Jump Cut When the lyrics "when you've had a few" plays a jump cut is used in which bottles appear to help illustrate the lyrics for the audience whilst adding some comedic effect by amplifying the idea of drinking by exaggerating how much alcohol the character has drank. I believe the jump cut works well here and links to Vernallis' theory on music videos in which she suggests conventionally jump cuts are used in videos as a short way of transferring information to the audience in a fashion which is both engaging and clear.  Cutting With The Lyrics Throughout the video I have made sure the frames in the vide

Evidence for Editing Unit

 Logging Footage Efficiently  Evidence from Film Production Unit Evidence from Contextual Studies Unit Evidence from Music Video Unit Labelling Clips, Bin, Footage and Audio Material  Evidence of Labelling in Music Video Unit Evidence of Labelling in Contextual Studies Unit Evidence of Edited Productions Music Video Production Film Studies Production Contextual Studies 4 Hour Film Challenge 4 Hour Film Challenge Examples of Cinematic Techniques There are other examples of evidence of myself using editing within my videos however, I believe these are the main examples the rest are just used to demonstrate practical skills (Camera settings, lighting setups, different lens effects etc.)   Justifying Editing Choices and Critiquing Editing and Evaluating Evidence from Music Video Unit Evidence from 4 Hour Film Challenge - Obsession Evidence from Contextual Studies