Skip to main content

Communication - Recorder Meetings with Client

Introduction to Commission

In this meeting the client gave us a briefing on what the task at hand was. In this meeting we was told who we are making a promotional video for, the clients ethos, reputation and messages conveyed, we also found out what audience psychographics and demographics we are trying to target. In this meeting we discussed what sort of video we want to produce and we also discussed timeframes and many other details. A recording of the meeting has been attached below as a form of evidence.  
 

Pitch Meeting - Focus Group with Client

In this meeting we each individually presented our pitch to the client both the client and the people participating in the meeting were able to offer feedback on the pitch, timeframe and budget set for the promotional video. The key feedback received from this meeting is that my budget needed some revision as it was very small, as well as this my production needed to be streamlined as there was a lot of information being told within a very small timeframe it was very busy. The use of drone footage was liked by everyone in the focus group as it gave the production a cinematic feel. Finally, by creating an emotional production we believe we will be able to create an emotional connection with out audience base, the client agrees with this as it fulfils areas of the brief which suggest the company wants to appear friendly and approachable towards families. Below I have attached a video of the meeting as evidence.


One to One with Client 22/02/2021

This meeting was meant to be done on the 12th of February however due to scheduling issues was moved to the 22nd of February. In this meeting I discussed revisions to pitch and budget and I spoke about the treatment and storyboard which I have produced for the production. So far the client is happy with the progress being made and has signed off on the idea that has been pitched to them. The budget has been accepted as it seem more thought out and realistic compared to the old budget. Below I have attached a video of the meeting as a form of evidence.

One to One with Client 26/02/2021

In this meeting we outlined a date we believe I can realistically finish the product planning by. I casted my screen so that the client could see what I have produced so far in order to gather feedback. The client has said they are happy with the work produced so far however, they would like to see more evaluations of the work showing where amendments to plans have been made due to a change of judgement. Overall, meeting was very positive and client is happy.

One to One with Client 5/3/2021

In this meeting I showed the client the progress made so far with the blog, discussed when we believe the project can be finished, the client offered feedback on how to make the blog better. The client believes that having some notes which show I have evaluated my process and discuss how this has affected my project could be helpful. The client has asked me to add to my blog the advantages and disadvantages of renting versus buying equipment in order to convince the client they should buy the equipment considering it is the production company that keeps it. Client believes that consistently weighing up pros and cons throughout the project when making choices could improve the planning. Client also wants me to add why storyboards are important to a production and not just to show the client a visual representation of what the video may look like. Client has asked me to make a call sheet. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scheduling

 Gannt Chart  I have created a Gannt chart in order to plan out my the production/planning/editing/evaluating of the production. I have made sure to space everything out and give myself realistic timescales to finish each and every task. The tasks have been split into different sections in order to keep it organised and to show a better visual representation of which tasks should be started first. The first section is planning, I have put this first as you must plan a video before you can produce it, the planning section contains all the tasks which I believe relate to planning for example, analysing music videos, researching music videos theories, analysing the song I want to produce and create all relevant documents such as storyboards. The next section is productions, the sections contains all actions I must take in relation to shooting the video for example, finding equipment, actors and props needed, shooting the video, watching footage back and shooting more footage if necessary.

Editing My Music Video Together

 Throughout the editing process of the music video I have kept a log detailing the different editing techniques I have implemented throughout the music video. This log references what I have done and where, why I have used the specific editing technique, what issues I found whilst editing the footage together and finally how I believed I could have improved upon.  Jump Cut When the lyrics "when you've had a few" plays a jump cut is used in which bottles appear to help illustrate the lyrics for the audience whilst adding some comedic effect by amplifying the idea of drinking by exaggerating how much alcohol the character has drank. I believe the jump cut works well here and links to Vernallis' theory on music videos in which she suggests conventionally jump cuts are used in videos as a short way of transferring information to the audience in a fashion which is both engaging and clear.  Cutting With The Lyrics Throughout the video I have made sure the frames in the vide

Evidence for Editing Unit

 Logging Footage Efficiently  Evidence from Film Production Unit Evidence from Contextual Studies Unit Evidence from Music Video Unit Labelling Clips, Bin, Footage and Audio Material  Evidence of Labelling in Music Video Unit Evidence of Labelling in Contextual Studies Unit Evidence of Edited Productions Music Video Production Film Studies Production Contextual Studies 4 Hour Film Challenge 4 Hour Film Challenge Examples of Cinematic Techniques There are other examples of evidence of myself using editing within my videos however, I believe these are the main examples the rest are just used to demonstrate practical skills (Camera settings, lighting setups, different lens effects etc.)   Justifying Editing Choices and Critiquing Editing and Evaluating Evidence from Music Video Unit Evidence from 4 Hour Film Challenge - Obsession Evidence from Contextual Studies