Skip to main content

Health and Safety in a Studio

 What is Health and Safety and Why is it Important?

Health and safety is a very important aspect to consider before filming. It is a requirement to understand the proper conduct in a studio in order to make sure that risks are minimised. It is always a good idea to conduct a risk assessment before shooting especially in an unknown environment with many variables. A risk assessment would assess the level of risk for many different areas in the studio, it offers precautions to put in place to help minimise or completely clear a risk. There are many small risks to look out for in a studio therefore, it is best to do your research before entering a room and it is also important to understand your role in the studio. Without health and safety in place someone could get seriously injured therefore, before shooting a detailed risk assessment is very important.

I have produced my risk assessment table prior to entering the studio and I have also evaluated how effective my risk assessment was at keeping everyone safe in the studio.

Risk Assessment


Evaluation of Risk Assessment and Precautions Put in Place

Overall, I believe my risk assessment was very successful at keeping my studio process as safe as possible. Everyone in the studio was able to follow the regulations in place for their safety therefore, the were no accidents whatsoever. As well as having no accidents, all equipment was kept safe, and after the shoot all equipment was cleaned and safely stored ready for the next person to use the studio. The room was kept clean and there was no damage cased to the studio. All lights and electric outlets were switched off before leaving the room to ensure that everything was safe and ready for the next person to use. I believe the only way to improve my risk assessment would have been to add more precautions for how the room should be left when leaving, although we was able to respectfully clean up after ourselves, the group before us did not do as well therefore suggesting that putting signs up suggesting the proper procedure for leaving could be very helpful to put in place in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scheduling

 Gannt Chart  I have created a Gannt chart in order to plan out my the production/planning/editing/evaluating of the production. I have made sure to space everything out and give myself realistic timescales to finish each and every task. The tasks have been split into different sections in order to keep it organised and to show a better visual representation of which tasks should be started first. The first section is planning, I have put this first as you must plan a video before you can produce it, the planning section contains all the tasks which I believe relate to planning for example, analysing music videos, researching music videos theories, analysing the song I want to produce and create all relevant documents such as storyboards. The next section is productions, the sections contains all actions I must take in relation to shooting the video for example, finding equipment, actors and props needed, shooting the video, watching footage back and shooting more footage if necessary.

Evidence for Editing Unit

 Logging Footage Efficiently  Evidence from Film Production Unit Evidence from Contextual Studies Unit Evidence from Music Video Unit Labelling Clips, Bin, Footage and Audio Material  Evidence of Labelling in Music Video Unit Evidence of Labelling in Contextual Studies Unit Evidence of Edited Productions Music Video Production Film Studies Production Contextual Studies 4 Hour Film Challenge 4 Hour Film Challenge Examples of Cinematic Techniques There are other examples of evidence of myself using editing within my videos however, I believe these are the main examples the rest are just used to demonstrate practical skills (Camera settings, lighting setups, different lens effects etc.)   Justifying Editing Choices and Critiquing Editing and Evaluating Evidence from Music Video Unit Evidence from 4 Hour Film Challenge - Obsession Evidence from Contextual Studies

Editing My Music Video Together

 Throughout the editing process of the music video I have kept a log detailing the different editing techniques I have implemented throughout the music video. This log references what I have done and where, why I have used the specific editing technique, what issues I found whilst editing the footage together and finally how I believed I could have improved upon.  Jump Cut When the lyrics "when you've had a few" plays a jump cut is used in which bottles appear to help illustrate the lyrics for the audience whilst adding some comedic effect by amplifying the idea of drinking by exaggerating how much alcohol the character has drank. I believe the jump cut works well here and links to Vernallis' theory on music videos in which she suggests conventionally jump cuts are used in videos as a short way of transferring information to the audience in a fashion which is both engaging and clear.  Cutting With The Lyrics Throughout the video I have made sure the frames in the vide